Occupational Therapy Service
Summit Occupational Therapist (OT) is a ‘daily life activity specialist’, assisting people of all abilities to do the things they need and want to do in all aspects of life: to participate more in the ‘everyday’ and realise greater independence. It’s about developing the necessary skills to take care of yourself and others.
Summit is now offering Occupational Therapy Services and are committed to providing exceptional, client-centred, outcomes-focused therapy to people with disabilities. We will work with you to strengthen your capacity and achieve your goals. The following Occupational Therapy interventions we currently provide are;
- Activities of Daily Living (ADL’s) assessment and therapy – kitchen and household chores, dressing, showering, toileting, sleeping, eating, money management, building routines, moving around and much more.
- Recommendation and applications to funding bodies for equipment provision to support ADL’s
- Independent living skills assessments
- Teach and support daily living skills in the home and local community
Our Occupational Therapist
BOccThy ACU - Registered Member of the Occupational Therapy Board of Australia - AHPRA
- NDIS - Aids and Equipment Assessments
- Specialising in working with adults with a Disability
- Community Occupational Therapy
Meggin loves how rewarding being an occupational therapist can be. Working in a client-centred way, Meggin delivers quality, evidence-based care and support to enhance people’s overall quality of life.
Meggin has worked with Summit for a number of years as a support worker and appreciates how Summit creates an environment where participants and families have a sense of belonging, ongoing support and continuity of staff and programs. Leveraging off this foundation, Meggin plans to collaboratively set goals and engage people in therapy that is meaningful to them with the option of incorporating these into other Summit activities. Building these positive relationships with both clients and the people that support them is the strongest way to promote better overall independence, health and wellbeing.
To find out more about how OT services can benefit you or to arrange an assessment, contact Meggin on: